Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Who's bad? Ch'mon!

I am reminded of a conversation I had yesterday - it was, indeed, the same one in which I was told I am so mean on this blog. Apparently they didn't read the blog that said I am full of shit and a real pussycat. Anyway, it appears I made a glaring omission in my cliche blog:

"My bad"

Gawd I hate hate hate that!! I first heard someone say that about five years ago, and at the time, two people said it in two consecutive statements. I thought it sounded kinda stupid. Now, it's even being said by Jessica Simpleton in a Macy's TV ad. Jeez, that's like your grandfather saying "right on" or the parish priest saying "for shizzle" and he's not even the hoodlum priest!

And about that Macy's ad: I have a real problem with Jessica Simpson's agent. When is she going to stop pushing the whole stupid trip? OK, being self-effacing was a good move a few years back, but that's all she does now. Is she that big a dumbass?

And while I'm dissecting the Macy's ad: Piddly saying "Sean John is sexy; Sean John is expensive..." Oh, so the accent is on the second word. OK so now I can correctly say "Sean John is an ugly-ass clothing line".

And what's with that guy, John-Hurt-with-a-feather-up-his-ass? Aren't there any cooled-out gay guys who do normal shit & have good taste but just like cock? I don't think I've seen any - knowingly, anyway - gay guys who have a classic clothes sense or good taste, everything has to be screwed up a little, like they're still guys with the usual guy bad style-sense, but they have to act like their interests are really in clothes and decor and shit. I'm pretty straight, but I know bad style when I see it, and I certainly saw it in Carson Kressley from the get-go. Your clothes can sing, just not like Mariah Carey.

WOW - something GOOD to tell you!!

Yesterday I saw a Christmas commercial on TCM that used a facsimile, if not an original sample, of The Drifters' "White Christmas", but with new TCM-specific lyrics. The vintage film footage was spot-on, the vocals actually sounded of-the-period. Look for it.

AMY WINEHOUSE WATCH

She cancelled all her upcoming gigs for I-don't-know-how-long. She can't go on without her husband, the connection. That girl's a train wreck, and I just can't stop looking! Meanwhile, I'm still digging her "Valerie" single, and, of course, the "Back To Black" lp will always be in heavy rotation on the Googa-Mooga jukebox.

Did I say lp? I meant CD!

My bad!!!

3 comments:

fat 'n sassy said...

we who are familiar with the great googa must admit he really is a pussycat... and, is maybe half-full of shit.

people need to know we were taught sarcasm as a second language.

Tori said...

LOLOLOLOL - is that cliche enough for you? Love the blog googa.

Anonymous said...

I sen this to a good, homey(o?) in Chicago who fits this to a T (or is it tee, or tea?):

Aren't there any cooled-out gay guys who do normal shit & have good taste but just like cock?

I asked him to forward a picture; you may soon have someone to date ...