Sunday, April 20, 2008

The Savage Beast Has Been Soothed



Record Store Day 2008 was a success. For me, anyway. I stocked up on a lot of jazz nuggets that I didn't have. However, that Roy Wood album wasn't in stock, but orderable, so that'll be coming in shortly. No luck with the Ray Charles or Sinatra ('sokay, I have them on vinyl, they'll be digital soon) & I forgot to look for the Ike & Tina Turner album. But good luck & viya con dios to all disc shop proprietors world-wide!
Some unexpected benefits: I got two free sampler CDs of stuff I may or may not like. I also got a one year free subscription to Paste magazine. What I didn't like was that this independent record store had signs and posters plastered all over the place from the local adult-oriented rock station. That would mean U2, REM, Coldplay, Rilo Kiley, Ben Harper, Feist ... need I go on? I think their slogan is The Castration of the American Soundtrack.
But anyway I escaped with a bundle of stuff at much less than a bundle's worth of cost. And I feel good about it.

1 comment:

fat 'n sassy said...

congrats on your successful record day excursion!