Friday, April 18, 2008

It's not only the eve of Hitler's birthday


If you're reading this before April 19, then you know what you should be doing: you should get your comfy shoes on & flex your wallet or chequebook (that was fun) and get ready-steady-go for record store day!

If it's after April 19, then the following applies:

Wasn't that fun?!? Whad'ya get? Really?? That's great!!

or maybe this:

What??!!!?? Didn't I tell you this was a necessary get-involved event? Well, when the day comes where you'll only be able to get Clay Aiken & Miley Cyrus versions of the current day's hits, and you can only get them on QVC, well, I told you so!!!

Anyway, I'm ready! I'm going for that recently re-released and remastered Roy Wood Boulders album. And maybe some killer Reggae comps (nothing past 1982 or so; after that dancehall took over & you might as well listen to hip-hop). Also looking for Sinatra's suicide-inducer "She Shot Me Down", Maybe a nice clean copy of The Kinks "Lola..." on CD, maybe some Lee Hazelwood or some French Ye-Ye girl pop from the '60's. And I'm always looking for "Twist With Ray Charles", which was originally called something else but they changed the title to cash in on the twist craze only thing is I don't know what it was called first. And Ike & Tina's "Come Together" album. And maybe the first two volumes of the complete Motown singles box sets which means you get all the odd & rare stuff, too. See, I'm ready!!!

But seriously, like I said before, the record emporium owners need people to support them. They provide such a necessary service. Don't let mass anonymous consumerism render them obsolete like home delivery dairy, honest-to-goodness pizzaria pizza, Saturday afternoon horror movie TV shows and, of course, hashish (damn that ultra-affordable and ultra-available crack!).

Next week, I'll bore you with what I got. I expect you to do the same.

No comments: