Sunday, March 2, 2008

Shopping Spree


Big weekend, it was!


First, gots me anutha leather jacket. Not sure if I like it better than/less than/as much as leather jacket #1 (which is actually leather jacket #2, but for the sake of blogging on GGMSW we'll call it #1 because it was the 1st one you knew about) but what I am sure of is I paid $20 more than lj #1 (or #2 - wait, let's not start that mess again). BUT on the plus side I also got some great cashmere sox (yeah, just in time for spring - it's still winter clearance a-go-go). I wish you'd quit judging me. Anyway, you can check me out in Hamtown this coming weekend at the Blowout and for certain I'll be sporting lj#2. (and I'll still be wearing the WFMU t-shirt, because I have to get my money's worth)


So that was good thing #1 (grouping together the jacket & the sox). Next up, here's the first official announcement that I'm switching cable/phone/web service. Yes, to my credit I'll be saving money on a monthly basis (more sox!), but we'll see how the service is. Cuz I found out someone (can't reveal who) had their stuff with this new company, hated it, and switched back to brand C. Now me, I don't ask for much, just good ol' American quality (don't start). So that's potentially good thing #2, And good thing #2 actually was the raison 'detre of good thing #3 (does that term fit here?).


Good thing #3: I bought a flat screen tv for my kitchen! So now I can watch food being prepared in hi def flat-style, and it'll look like the actual food sitting on my countertop, and I'll get confused & stick a fork in the tv screen!. Maybe. Maybe not, because I never see them preparing Special K or spinach dip on TV. Again, if you say who cares I'm gonna crack you one.


But wait, there were a lot of other things that happened over the weekend that qualify as good things, but I'm through numbering them. Things like: I pulled out a bunch of vinyl & spun it on my new turntable. The place looked like the old days, stacks of records all over the joint. I spun some of my import Trojan reggae discs (nothing matches "Screaming Target" by Big Youth), stuff by Gang Of Four (To Hell With Poverty"), Charlie Parker radio transmissions (from Birdland!!), even Tom Jones Live at London's Talk Of The Town from 1965 (show-stopper: "My Yiddishe Momma"). Almost dipped into my stash of imported punk singles from the magic year 1977, but figured the wife would run screaming. But you never know, maybe she's been waiting to hear "Ain't Bin Ta No Music School" by The Nosebleeds or "Bend & Flush" by The Pork Dukes.


Also, the decision was made to move forward with plans for a trip to Hawaii. I'm not saying when because I don't want you looting my house when I'm gone (someone wants that Pork Dukes single - going for $40 on ebay).


And Also - bought a new digital camera, specifically because I'm going to Hawaii. Man a LOT of stuff was bought this weekend!!


Now I wish I had a job! That would be a good thing, too!

2 comments:

Emily Steiger said...

i want to go to hawaii!!! no fair :(

fat 'n sassy said...

cruisin' or flyin'?