Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Get Lifted


I am sick of winter.

'Member when I told you about my new Jeep? Well, the weather has been so shitty that I still havent gotten it washed. It's always snowing, or so cold a wash would freeze up all the doors & windows (windows seem like no big deal, but so help me dog twice this year I've had to open the door & get out of the vehicle at the drive-up ATM). So it's filthy, and consequently so is my coat. That's because since the Jeep is new I've been parking it in the garage, but I also have to allow for the 2nd vehicle which is much bigger than mine so I'm pulling way off to one side of the garage, & I'm squeezing myself alongside the thing, making sure the other tenant has room.

Hey, don't act like you care. I can tell when you're being insincere.

So today in the mail I get a request for a donation from my favorite radio station WFMU. Apparently, this is because I bought a t-shirt from them a few weeks back, which I will wear this weekend when I go see The Dirtbombs. Since there's no radio stations in Detroit anymore, I have delusions that this will elevate me to some sort of favored status. In whose eyes? Plus, The Dirtbombs have played in their studios before, just like people used to do when we had WDET in Detroit, so of course they'll recognize me as one who is hip to the shit.

For those of you who won't be there, the picture at the top of the post is what will be on my chest. And as always I urge you to listen online at wfmu.org. You will get lifted.


No comments: