Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Cha Cha Heels!


I have got to get it together.

No matter how hard I try, and to be perfectly honest I ain't been trying so hard up to this point, I can't seem to get into the spirit of the season. It's this lousy economy and just the overall vibe of the world. Flash: I have a conscience!

I have a grandson that I will spoil with millions of dollars worth of stuff he can't use with any level of longevity. But I'm not sure what to do about anyone else (save it, I'm not looking for opinions) (but get back to me before the weekend). I truly enjoy giving to people, because I believe that, if the bread holds out, those who can, should.

For the past few years I have seen to it that I personally have not gone without, and that's kinda what happens at my ripe old age, but to be honest it's at the point where it seems ridiculous. F'rinstance, I have a closetful of clothes, and I will probably not get back to half of them. Yeah, I know where they can be dropped off. I think I'll do that this weekend, actually. I've got to make sure my bar is always fully strapped, and then I go a step or two further & get something I personally would never drink, but maybe it would be nice to offer guests - y'know, the people that want a Bud Light or a rum & coke. And I have dozens of CDs that I have listened to just the one time to be sure I burned them correctly. Yeah, I have everything I'm "supposed" to have, but a lot of it leaves me cold, and once again I'm running out of storage space. And anyway, it's always back to Dub & Louis Jordan & The Fall.

In trying to reason with myself over this surplus of crap, I tell myself it's "comfort food" for all the loss I've experienced in the past few years. Y'know, how long am I gonna milk that bullshit? I'm still here. And life, given everything else, is grand. You're down, you're up, just tighten up your wig and keep pushing. A great dead guy I know once said any day this side of the dirt is a good day.

I think we need to get straight with this country for awhile. Maybe I need to start with me.

OK, soon as I get back from shopping Friday.

2 comments:

fat 'n sassy said...

Excess, it's the american way.

Unknown said...

Wii love Christmas.