Monday, December 22, 2008

Drinks are on George at Martini's




Can it be? Is it really true? Yeah I guess so. Christmas is for all intents & purposes, over. Actually, it's not over until the 25th. So enjoy the next 48 hours - this is what we all waited for.



Last I checked (mon afternoon), QVC/HSN still guaranteed delivery in time for Xmas with an extra $5 shipping and only if you paid by credit card. Who's getting that fiver?



Here's what I've been experiencing: the traffic is f#%king horrendous, but inside the shops it ain't that bad. It's like everyone's decided to do the USA waste-o-rama twist because the gas prices went down. That's their Xmas present to themselves - an anxiety-riddled road trip!



Also - what the hell is wrong with women? I think I've seen more fur coats this season than in recent history. Might this be the last arrogant display of sore loser Bush supporters? These over-cosmeticized, heavily perfumed, drastically tinted and tipped old crows (young bimbos too) thumbing their hedonistic noses at the human rights cult? Watch both ways before crossing the street, honey. Unless these are just very expensive fakes. Nah, that would take too much research. Sorry, it's a sore point with me. (what isn't?)



I think we've reached full Fa-La-La-La Lifetime saturation in my house. I'm starting to see the same lame Xmas movies come on more than once. I've decided that I really don't like Candice Cameron anymore as an adult then when she & Kimmie Gibler hung out at the Cinnabon. OH - there's one with Patrick Swayze & I think it was filmed in Canada, and everyone in his family has that slightly plastic/out of time/foreign country look - I think it's like when all your buddies shave their heads in empathy with your lice problem.



All bitching and kvetching aside, I wish for you (all, like five of you, if there's that many out there) a fantastic holiday season, and let's work together in the new year to seriously get on the good foot. After all our bellyaching we can't f#%k this up.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

quit covetting the fur and join 'em. I think that's what is really going on - like cool shoes that you 'used to have' in your younger days. You know that fur is a million (or so) times warmer than any other material in the bitter cold and whipping wind we have been experiencing? and you shop at an OUTSIDE shopping mall? I would dress like Nanuk. word.