Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes



Hey everybody! Lookit over on the right side of your screen! I've added a list of blogs & websites that you HAVE to check out! They're in alpha order, so there's no favoritism exhibited. Take a moment and look for yourself.


BUT I must tell you if you're looking for good sounds on the web, (you knew I'd push this one extra hard) you GOTTA go to the WFMU site. You can dig archive shows, listen live and don't forget to visit their home page because they are truly orbiting elsewhere. And their blog is wildly entertaining, there are so many things happening. Shows that get the GoogaMooga seal of approval are Dave The Spazz (thurs 8-11pm - this is my favorite show), Michael Shelley (sat 10am-1pm), Fool's Paradise (sat 1-3pm), Teenage Wasteland (sun 5-7pm), and Downtown Soulville (fri 7-8pm) but there are certainly many more esoteric shows to check out. I usually listen archive-style, since many shows are going down while I'm busy doing other meaningless things.


Also the RootsRockReggae site has NO Dancehall, NO Ragga, NO Reggaeton - strictly roots! And WWOZ - well, what can I say, it's from Nawlins! And XFM is London's best modern music source, very diverse. But remember, they're 6 hours ahead of us.


OK, enough commercials - see ya soon!

No comments: