Thursday, June 26, 2008

Hot Fun In The Summertime


I am just so ... summerized! I feel summer every living moment of every day! Summer is running through my veins like a coppertone & lime drip! June is ending, so there's no turning back, summer is upon us. I'm going on a mini-vacation next week (big-ass one in the fall), which besides seeing family will spotlight rock & roll (much bitching and eye-rolling I'm sure), I'm waiting for the delivery of a brand-spankin' new bike (red!!!), I've re-activated my dj skills in my basement (and I'm rockin'!), and I still have things to look forward to:

- my first mojito of the summer
- my first grown-up cigar of the summer (not the tiparellos I usually smoke)
- my first swim of the summer
- my first shut-off notice of the summer

I could go on & on (well maybe not, I've done a lot already). Summer is such a wonderful time, it's funny how we fuss over what amounts to about two months time. But there are so many small rewards during this season:

- morning commutes without school buses or moms dropping Dylan and Bethany off at school
- corn on the cob
- mojitos
- shades
- some (some, mind) groovy tunes that make you wanna eat a popsicle on the sand
- icy cold red stripe (yes mon!)
- sandals & shorts & t-shirts & bare feet
- open windows & doors
- water becomes a major player
- sunstroke
- mojitos
- baseball (yeah, I dig it now & then)
- the freaks come out at night (like I'd know, mr. suburbia)
- mojitos

Gee it all sounds so wonderful! It's too bad people are losing their jobs left & right, and that gas prices are at an all-time high, and that we lose a little more of our human rights with each tick of the clock.

But at least it's SUMMER!

1 comment:

fat 'n sassy said...

bah!summer! heat & humidity,bad hair,
bug bites,air conditioning running all the time, crowded theme parks, gators biting off arms...

but on the other hand, i do get to spend more time with my grandkids!