Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Adios, Motherf#&ker


I'm sick of it all. Yeah, already. And I'm not ashamed to say it.


All this stuff I've been hearing on TV. On radio. Everywhere else. "It's a new day". "Things are gonna change". "Finally!".


Guess who all of that is referring to?


See, what if he's a douche? What if he doesn't fix your favorite problem quick enough, or ever? What if he does nothing at all, because it's just too overwhelming, and keeps his head down for 4 years, just so he can escape with a little bit of sanity & his family? Or what if he makes some really really bad decisions? Because all that's a possibility. Remember that friend or family member who you thought was so right on & then something happened & your opinion of them went all sour & negative? IT CAN HAPPEN.


Don't get me wrong. I don't want it to go bad, not at all. But I'm not gonna get all "oh, yay, praise Jesus, now we can breathe easily". I didn't feel that way back when the campaigns were happening. I just know what I DIDN'T want! I figured "give the brother some". Brother? The term "brother" doesn't exactly apply, and I mean that in the nicest way possible. I mean, he's not exactly the Rocawear and Cokevoisier type, Thank God.


I do have faith in him. But it's almost like giving a guy a toothbrush & telling him to clean every toilet from sea to shining sea, by 5PM. I don't envy him. I empathise with him. I don't want his job.


Once again, one black guy has to be the spokesman for his entire race. (but guess what, he's like Jenny Willis on The Jeffersons, the one George called "The Zebra"). As it turns out, now he speaks for everyone else, including the redneck assholes and the psycho killers too.


Too many f#%king celebrities wetting their pants over this cat. I wouldn't take fashion tips from most of them. People who don't have the slightest idea - blacks voting for him because he's black, not knowing anything else about him (OJ anyone?). Although, in actuality, I guess that's no different than me voting for him because I was not gonna let another Bush cronie run my shit for another 4 years (because that's what McCain became once he got the nod). But that wasn't the only reason I voted for him, and I know it's unfair to assume no one else had that feeling.


So people are happy, and I'm glad. I can't dictate how people should react to all this history making. I thought the coverage of the various balls was a bit too close to watching an awards show. Again, this is me. The media sucks, celebrity sucks, inappropriate casualness sucks (like The Bidens at The Hometown Ball).


So to the new chief I say walk on brother, because obviously you wanted to, and you're smart enough to know that you have the worst job in the house right now, but you stand to gain the most.

1 comment:

fat 'n sassy said...

someone tell the new first lady to put back the drapes she wore to the inauguration.